Welcome back to A Day In The Life Of The Anonymous Me!
Today I want to discuss with you and give you some advice on confidence. A lot of the time I see people online putting themselves down saying that they’re not pretty or that they are really shy. I want to see a world where we all accept who we are and that we are happy with ourselves.
So here are tips on being confident…
– Sometimes you just have to act confident, even if you are not. You can do this by smiling, laughing, standing tall(not slumped), and focusing straight ahead when you walk.
– Know that everyone is beautiful in their own way. This may be because you are clever, kind, caring etc.
– Also, think about all the positives. What are you good at? How have you helped someone the last week? Maybe start The Positive Post It Project .
– Be friendly with other people. This way you’ll have lots of friends to support you.
– If you are ‘friends’ with someone who makes you feel negatively about yourself and says things to make you look bad, consider what you are gaining from hanging around them. It’s okay to outgrow a friend and decide to be friends with others.
– Helping other people makes us feel good about ourselves and it doesn’t have to be hard. It could be as simple as holding a door open for somebody or complementing them on their appearance. Remember they might feel negatively about themselves too, so this is a good way to make both people more confident.
– Spend some time doing what you love, whether it be sport, art, music etc. It will make you feel more confident about yourself when you see you are improving.
– Remember that you can’t gain your confidence just like that. It takes time. However, progress everyday is still progress. Also, if you make progress it will make you feel good about yourself.
– Know you are not alone and that there are a lot of other people in the same boat as you.
I hope these tips help you. I want to set all of you the tasks of (1) improving your confidence with these tips and (2) improving someone else’s confidence by complementing them.
What are you tips for being confident? I’d love to hear in the comments!
Until next time, goodbye